Read below answers to common questions we get from customers looking to buy ammo. If you can’t find the answer you are looking for below, please give us a call at (661) 365-0505.

What do I need to purchase ammo?

A valid California driver license, California identification card, or Military identification. (Pen. Code §, 28180.). If your California driver license or identification card has “FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY” on the front, you must also present proof of lawful presence in the United States by providing one of the following documents:

  • Valid, unexpired U.S. passport or passport card.
  • Certified copy of U.S. birth certificate.
  • Certification of Birth Abroad (FS-545), Certification of Report of Birth (DS-1350) or Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America (FS-240), issued by the U.S. Department of State.
  • Valid, unexpired foreign passport with valid U.S. immigrant visa and approved Record of Arrival/ Departure (I-94) form.
  • Certified copy of birth certificate from a U.S. Territory.
  • Certificate of Naturalization or U.S. Citizenship.
  • Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card.

If your name, as it appears on the California driver license or identification card that has “FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY” on the front, differs from the name on the document(s) above, you must present one of the following certified documents:

  • An adoption document that contains your legal name as a result of the adoption.
  • A name change document that contains your legal name both before and, as a result of, the name change.
  • A marriage certificate.
  • A dissolution of marriage document that contains your legal name as a result of the court action.
  • A certificate, declaration or registration document verifying the formation of a domestic partnership.
  • A dissolution of domestic partnership document that contains your legal name as a result of the court action. (Cal. Code Reg., tit. 11, § 4045.1.)

If I don’t have a firearm recorded in my name, can I still purchase ammunition?

Yes. Certificate of Eligibility validations and Basic Ammunition Eligibility Checks (single transaction or purchase) may be completed without having a firearm recorded in the Automated Firearm System. (Pen. Code, § 30370, Cal. Code of Reg., tit. 11 §§ 4303, 4305.)

Does the caliber of the ammunition I’m purchasing have to match the firearm information that is on record with the Department?


Can I special order Ammo from you?

Yes depending on if the ammo is available at the time of request. Payment is due at the time of request, and no refunds on special ammo requests. If you special purchase ammo and fail to pass the background check that Ammo is then turned over to R&B Arms.

Can I ship ammo to your facility?

Yes. You can have ammo shipped to our shop. All we request is that you give us a heads up to let us know who you are and where it is coming from. In the last year, we have seen many shipments without our customer’s name or contact info and we have no way to contact that customer.

How much do you charge for ammo transfer?

As of Dec 2021, we are not charging for ammo transfer. We just request the heads up. In the last months of 2021, we have seen many ammo shipments with our any heads up. This has caused a few headaches as to how to contact the customer or if it is even ammo. A few times the shipment was sent back to the original sender.

We do not want to be a douche bags and charge you to transfer your ammo to us. (Stupid California Law) But if it continues to cause headaches we will have to charge those customers that are unwilling to give us a heads up. So GIVE US THE HEADS UP!

Can we send ammo out of state?

Yes depending on what state you are in other forms may be required for us to send you your shipment. Here is a following list of states and regulations. It is the end users responsibility to follow all state and local laws.

  • Alaska: R&B ARMS does not ship to the state of Alaska.
  • Connecticut: R&B ARMS can only ship ammunition to residents of Connecticut if they provide a valid ammunition certificate or a valid permit to carry a pistol/revolver or a valid long gun eligibility certificate.
  • Hawaii: R&B ARMS does not ship to the state of Hawaii.
  • Illinois: R&B ARMS does not ship ammunition to the City of Chicago. We can, however, ship ammunition to the rest of the state of Illinois, but you must provide a photo of your valid state FOID card & a photo of your driver’s license or valid state ID card.
  • Massachusetts: R&B ARMS does not ship to Massachusetts.
  • New Jersey: R&B ARMS can ship ammunition to residents of New Jersey; however, some calibers require a valid copy of your firearms purchaser identification card or a valid copy of your permit to purchase/carry a handgun. (example: .223, 5.56, 300 BLK, .308, 7.62×51 have no requirements).
  • New York: R&B ARMS does not ship ammunition to New York City or the surrounding boroughs. We can, however, ship ammunition to the rest of the state of New York, but it must be through a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL).
  • Washington DC: R&B ARMS does not ship to Washington D.C.


If you live in any of the following states below, We can ship to you without any known restrictions:

Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Join our newsletter to see our newest applications, special merch, and exclusive updates.
painting panda